"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's Metaphor -- Lost

Found these ducks far from water, practically knocking on the door of a friend's neighbor.  When I came close to snap a photo (really close because I only had my iPhone), they didn't even try to flee (or flap).  Instead, they looked at me, raising their ducky bills in defiance, and quacked as if to say "Go ahead.  You try the door.  We're telling you, no one's answering." 

Made me think about how "duck out of water" I've felt lately.  Sometimes, in life, you just have to admit to yourself that you may be knocking on the wrong door, don't you think?

Also made me think about this old duck story. 

Have a good Monday!

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy visiting your blog! I am also a mother and lawyer in the Phoenix area - go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. That means I know at least a little bit about what it's like to be you, and you know a little bit about what it's like to be me. What beautiful boys you have. Looks to me like you're doing a whole lot more than pacing up and down within the cell of your own circumstance. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well - i think you are a lot more cerebral ...! I enjoy your blog and the photos! Keep it up and see you on the Web!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails