"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Friday, February 11, 2011

Chewing on Happiness

I recently discovered these Inside Out Carrot Cake Cookies at Trader Joe's, and they are bliss you can hold in your hand.  Like a moon pie, but with cream cheese frosting on the inside and super moist carrot cake on the outside.  Yes, they take me to a happy place.  I think if someone hooked electrodes up to my brain while I am eating one of those cookies, my brain happiness indicators would be lit up like a Christmas tree.   

Of course, the logical part of my brain knows that cookie ≠ happiness. But it helps.  At least temporarily.  The same goes for retail therapy, which (based on my own scientific studies) is even more effective than a cookie.  Neither habit, of course, is any good for you.  But I suppose you could do much worse than baked goods and UPS packages as far as vices go, right?        

Speaking of happiness, isn't this a lovely idea?   


Post Script:  Here's a very similar idea from Martha Stewart for zucchini nut bread cookie sandwiches.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails