"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nifty Items I Was Eyeing and Couldn't Stop Myself from Buying

Because I don't possess the self-restraint to eye and not buy, I thought it might be fun to give a glimpse of some of the nifty items I was eyeing and couldn't stop myself from buying.  To start out, here are a few items that have made me very happy:

Rug tiles from Flor.  I pretty much want to put Flor in every room of my house, but this is my only purchase thus far.  Very pleased.  I haven't even used the Flor dots (adhesive circles) to attach the tiles together yet because I keep deciding to rearrange the patterns.  Thankfully, this isn't a high traffic area of my house, and the tiles have a grippy back that keeps them in place.

Yellow ruffle pillows from Sferra.  I never get tired of the color, texture and luxury of these pillows.  On more than one occasion, I've just stopped one of my kids in the nick of time from taking one outside for use in some fort or other with the plea "not the yellow pillows!  Those are special to me."
Urchin bowl from elements clay studio.  I'm using this one to hold earrings and hair clips, but I could see many uses.  Soap dish in the bathroom?  Paper clip holder in the office?  Love the texture and look.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about color and particularly the color wheel and complimentary colors a lot lately. I loved this post...and I love the nifty items you have bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're enjoying the posts! I should have realized how amazing blue and orange look together, but it was that Van Gogh quote that really made the light bulb come on. We've continued to have fun with our color dinners. We called our leftovers the "rainbow" dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails