| Taken today during my commute |
I awoke to rainy skies,
A wet, soggy morning,
Hopeless as my sighs.
I believe the next part involved a worm writhing on the walk, and it was downhill from there. In all, a gloomy thing.
The funny thing, is that now a rainy day leaves my heart happy, not hopeless. I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. You appreciate what you lack. Wet, soggy mornings in Cleveland depress you, and wet, soggy mornings in the desert delight you. My secretary today was just telling me that the sun depresses her. How funny we humans are!
Post Script: I wrote my last post on Friday, and my dear, destructive one gashed open my upper lip on Saturday while trying to leap and bear hug me at the same time. I would post a picture, but it's ghastly. Exhibit A!

No comments:
Post a Comment