"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Friday, October 1, 2010

Damage to Your Vehicle

Photo taken by me on Wednesday (while driving -- shame)
My 2-year-old just called the General Counsel for the United States Air Force.  I'm not kidding.

Thankfully, my phone log indicates that the call only lasted 12 seconds before I wrenched my iPhone out of his guilty hands, but still.  The HARM this boy accomplishes on a daily basis is mind-boggling at times.

I was in Utah for a day-and-a-half this week to speak at a pre-law conference.  While driving from Salt Lake City down to Provo, I found myself stuck behind and around the truck in the photo to the left, desperately looking for an opportunity to pass this windshield-chipping-monster without damage to my (rented) vehicle.

I wouldn't at all recommend this, but I couldn't help myself from snapping a photo.  It made me think about my dear little destructive one back home.  I don't mean to suggest that the child will literally damage your car (although he might if given the opportunity).  But there is a decent chance he will damage your face or some other part of your body (your own personal "vehicle" through life) if sufficiently provoked.  He might also damage your house and any number of possessions contained in it.

But, thankfully, he's not without his redeeming qualities.  When I returned home last night, he greeted me with:  "MOMMY!  I lost you!  You're back!"  So, okay, I'll assume the risk to my vehicle.  This little force of nature is worth it.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails