"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sea of Binkies, Sea of Tears

Here is a collection of binkies my nearly-two-year-old used his razor sharp teeth to bite through during our three weeks of travel.  This morning, I gathered all the binkies together and had him test each one.  {suck, suck, suck} "Eww."  And repeat.

The sad thing (in addition to all the wasted dollars in needlessly destroyed binkies) is that he loves his binkies dearly.  Why he would bite through them like he does is beyond me.  It's apparently beyond him as well.  When I ask him why he does it, he responds:  "I don't know why bite, Momma."

Isn't that like life?  We hurt the things we love and sometimes we don't even know why.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails