"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday's Word -- Miracle

I'm not really a die-hard, devoted user of Philosophy products, but I do like reading the product labels.  This miracle worker label caught my eye recently:  "find the miracle in every moment, the beauty in every day."  Good advice.

I've been thinking about how our lives are full of "miracles" if we are actually looking.  (My recent fire ant-scipade, for example.)

How fitting then that the word "miracle" means something that "excites admiring awe."  It comes from the Latin word miraculum, meaning "object of wonder."

But the best thing about the word?  Its indo-european root means "to laugh, smile."

Lately I've been thinking that sometimes the ability to laugh and smile in the face of the circumstances is a miracle in and of itself.  

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails