"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Monday, January 17, 2011

Time Out

Van Gogh's Bedroom
Have you ever wished for illness or injury just serious enough that you could stay in bed for the day?  This is shameful, but I have at times found myself daydreaming of incapacitation.  I'll be walking across the plaza to my office and all of a sudden I imagine myself falling and inflicting some sort of temporary harm that would require strict bed rest for a week or so.

And then I count my blessings and press forward.  

Yesterday, I woke up feeling so sick I honestly couldn't function.  That pretty much never happens to me.  I have to admit that I enjoyed it {at least slightly} despite my misery.  Yes, I was a tad happy.  My children brought their projects into my room and played and made messes all around me, while I did my best to contain my germs.

Do you ever just stay in bed?  Or, like me, do you mostly just dream of the luxury?

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails