"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Monday, August 9, 2010

Blowing in the Wind

Oh how I wish I were here again right now:
Cinque Terre, Italy (June 2010)
Cinque Terre
Even the hanging laundry is charming in the right location.  All a matter of perspective.  

Instead, I am completing "parent" homework assigned by my daughters' teachers, and also (I must admit) some of the projects assigned to them and not me because we ran out of time, and they are sleeping.  After I complete the scrapbooking, form filling, lunch making and etcetera, I will be turning to my own "homework."  (At least I get paid for that.)  

Ah, the joys of back to school!  I've finally stopped having those nightmares where you realize you never attended an important class all year long, or arrive at school without your shoes and spend the day trying to hide your bare feet under your desk.  Now I have nightmares (that are often realities) of sending my kids to school without their lunches, snack or -- heaven forbid -- without the right kind of water bottle.  I dream that I forgot to complete or even start the timeline project in which I was to map out the highlights of my child's life in photos, captions and artistic doodles.  This is my life.  Somehow I don't remember school being so much work for my own parents!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails