"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Friday, July 9, 2010

Something Crafty This Way Comes

Here's something simple that made me happy this week.  And it was my 10-year-old neighbor who taught me.  Here's how you can use color Duck Tape to make a cute hair clip for your little girls (if you have any).    I already had these simple supplies in various drawers (that need to be organized) in my house.

Here's what you need:

1.  Color Duck Tape.  Have you noticed all the colors and patterns these days?  There's so much more than metallic silver to choose from.  I found mine at a craft store (Michael's).  I also used some Japanese masking tape for contrast (I bought mine from Happy Tape -- who knew tape could make you happy?  It can!), but you could also just cut and use thin strips of Duck Tape.

2.  Bobby pins.

Here's how you do it:

Here are the supplies
Pull about 6 inches of tape (depending on how wide you want the bow clip to be) from the roll and stretch it out without cutting it.  Fold in half carefully, making sure not to create wrinkles.  
Now cut so you have a two sided piece of colored Duck tape.
Next fold your piece of Duck Tape fan style along the wide edge of the tape.
Grip it in the center.
Using a few inches of a contrasting piece of tape (again, I used Japanese masking tape, which I love for all sorts of projects), wrap it around and around the center of your bow.
It should look something like this.
Now take a bobby pin and insert it in the back of the bow, with the shorter part of the pin going underneath the tape strip in the center of the bow.
And here you have it.  It takes all of 2 minutes.  Childs' play. 
 (And my 7-year-old took all of these photos except the last one.)

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails