"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Monday, June 28, 2010

Ice Would Be Nice

FIRE AND ICE
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

~Robert Frost

So, what do you think -- fire or ice?  From what I've tasted of summers in Phoenix, I think I hold with those who favor ice.  Temperatures aside, both icy hatred and fiery anger are powerfully painful.  It's a toss up for me.  Which do you think is worse -- when someone gives you the cold shoulder or silent treatment, or when someone just lets you have it?  

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails