"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Coloring by the Book

Flickr
How do you organize your books?  I have always organized by paperback and hardback and then book size.  But lately, I've been noticing example after example of books organized by color.

Some of these are even stacked horizontally on the shelves, rather than with spines vertical.  You can see many striking examples on Flickr's Rainbow of Books pool.

My first thought was "well, that's beautiful, but do you people actually read the books?"  I'm still not sure, but I do like the look of it.

Flickr
Can you imagine if an entire bookstore or library were organized this way?  That's exactly what the owner did at this San Francisco bookshop.  Great for browsing, but what a hassle it would be to come in looking for a specific book!   

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

  1. these are absolutely gorgeous!
    thank you for sharing!!!
    i may just have to create some book covers now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails