"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Monday, January 24, 2011

100 Things

Well, it's that time of year again.  The day that time-strapped, weary procrastinators like myself stay up into the wee hours creating some item of apparel with 100 items of some sort or another affixed.

Yes, it's the 100th day of school tomorrow.

My kindergartener is supposed to attach 100 items to a painters hat (provided).  I haven't heard word one about what my 2nd grader is supposed to be fabricating, and to tell you the truth, I can't bear to know at this late hour.  She has assured me that she doesn't need 100 beads sewn to a shirt or 100 barrettes in her hair or any such thing.  I'll just be holding my breath at parent pick up tomorrow in case I'm relying on bad information.  You know it will be all my fault.

It's been quite the day.  I've flown 4,000 miles (not kidding -- don't ask), and no, I did not abandon the practice of law for a flight attendant spot.  At least the night is still relatively young.  And I decided to glue and not sew this year.  (WHAT was I thinking last year?)

On a completely different topic, doesn't this sound like a lovely idea?  There's just something about receiving a package that brightens the day, you know?  I arrived home road (air?) weary to find an anthropologie box on my doorstep tonight.  That helped :)

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. I have to ask! Where did you go to fly 4000 miles in one day?? I'm so sorry. That sounds exhausting. I like the heart hat. Alex's 100th day is tomorrow too and we just cut out 100 pics of bugs and put them in a baggie. Luckily our school doesn't require us to decorate clothing! I have been wanting to sign up for the earring club. That would be so fun to get all those fun surprise earring packages! I just got my ears pierced a few weeks ago :) finally!
    I'm glad you're home and hope you can stay that way for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Operation Caneval Retrieval. How fun that you got your ears pierced!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails