"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Friday, August 20, 2010

This Is the Plant That Jessica Killed

What is wrong with me?  How hard is it to keep a potted basil plant alive for longer than the small plastic container of cut basil you can buy in the produce section of your grocery store stays fresh?  I have a black thumb, and I'm not okay with it.  I have many killing methods.  I kill by overwatering.  I kill by underwatering.  I kill with too much sunlight.  I kill with lack of sunlight.  I kill just by possessing.  And it's not just basil.  It's really any kind of living green thing.  I killed 10 jade plants (hardy succulents) in the span of several years, for goodness sake!  I'm not proud of it.

I gave in some time ago and started purchasing "faux botanicals"--including faux cacti and other succulents.  There are some beautiful choices out there, so I learned.  Here are a few I like:

Faux succulent from Crate & Barrel

Garden Succulents from Diane James Home

Faux echeveria from Crate & Barrel
    
Problem is, you can't cook with faux basil.  

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails