"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Friday, March 26, 2010

Beautiful Disaster

I came home to this today.  {Thank you, wind storm.}

Really.  Needless to say, I was less than pleased with this greeting.  Imagine about 200 or so shattered drinking glasses sprinkled across your patio, in your pool and in your grass, just beckoning little feet and hands for the cutting.  I cleaned it up--all the while with my three children pressed against the sliding glass door, begging and miming their desperation to come out and join me.  

The amazing thing is that, in the process, I discovered that the glass shards are simply beautiful.  
I couldn't even bring myself to throw them away.  There must be something creative I can do to recycle and enjoy my now destroyed-beyond-repair patio table.  Ideas?

I know.  I can't help but see the metaphor in everything.  You know what I'm going to say, right?  Not that you can turn lemons into lemonade.  {I'm no Pollyanna.}  But it IS true that if you look closely enough at the shards of any disaster, there is a glimmer and a gleam.  {Even if there are bandaids too.} 

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your pretty table... you are amazing to see the positive side of this! You're right, the glass pieces are pretty. I don't think I would have noticed that in my fury. You are an inspiration to me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails