"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nifty Items I'm Eyeing and Would Like to Be Buying

1.  "I Don't Like the Sound of This" print, Michéle Brummer Everett (my sister-in-law)


2.  The Help, by Kathryn Stockett (I am almost done listening to the audio version of this book and have enjoyed it quite a bit)
The Help

3.  Zoku Quick Pop Maker (I'm already thinking about how to entertain my kids this summer, and this one makes popsicles in 7 minutes)

Have a great weekend!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

  1. I purchased The Help on audibles but haven't had the chance to listen to it yet. One review I read really praised the audio version because it made the dialogue and colloquialisms easier to follow and enjoy. I am going to have to move it up in my queue of books to listen to/read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would highly recommend the Audible version. The voices are perfect. Because the story is told from the perspective of 3 different narrators, hearing each narrator in her own voice brings the story to life. My post for tomorrow talks a bit about the book (but doesn't give the storyline away), and the unnecessary lines we draw.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails