"Endurance is more than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstance;
it is not only acceptance of the things allotted to us, it is...magnifying what is allotted to us."

~Neal A. Maxwell

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Nifty Items I'm Eyeing and Would Like to Be Buying

I plan to make most of my posts "thoughtful," but the truth is that finding new, fun and beautiful things does bring me joy.  So, I thought it would be fun to share a short list once a week of items "I'm Eyeing and Would Like to Be Buying."  You might see something you like too.  Enjoy!  


1.  Outside-in Bowls (also available at this site)

2.  Food Rules by Michael Pollan







StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

  1. Wish Bryce would be interested in adhering to some version of Food Rules that weren't just "sugar, meat, and yogurt". Oddly though, while he refuses the likes of strawberries, kiwi, potatoes, and most kinds of pasta, he will eat "Frog Princess Soup", which is simply blended rice, broccolli and water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are the same way, but it's yogurt, pasta, cheese and anything sweet. I'll have to try serving them Frog Princess Soup. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Pollen's book, "In Defense of Food", is the current Silicon Valley read book (our library system picks a book and sponsors activities to do with the book). Michael Pollen spoke here last month to an overflowing crowd. Although I have not read the entire book, I do like his motto, "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Now if I could only follow it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that too! I've been reading Food Rules, and all week long I keep looking in the cupboard and thinking "what can I eat?" So many of these foods violate "the rules." He has some good ones, like only eat foods that will eventually rot, and don't eat cereal that changes the color of the milk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails